November 12 - 16, 2018
Here's what's coming up!
* Tuesday, November 20: Crew Day "I Just Got Out of Bed and Went Straight to School Day". Come dressed to school in pjs, housecoats, messy hair....whatever you think you would look like if you jumped out of bed and into the car to go to school! 1000 team points for participating; an extra 500 team points if your team colour t-shirt is part of the costume. This is NOT a Casual Day - students who do not participate must still wear their uniforms.
* Friday, November 23: Report Cards. 1st term report cards go home.
* Thursday, November 29: MACE Meeting
* Daily communication folders go home each day. Please take a moment to check for any items that require your attention or to celebrate completed work coming home. I will continue sending a weekly homework sheet/activity this Tuesday. Please return these by the following Tuesday (or earlier) so that I can look them over. Feel free to do these with your child, if they require your encouragement/help.
* Our weekly Library time is Thursday afternoons. Please have your child return his/her book by Thursday so that they are able to check a new book out.
Leader of the Day: Reminder: Leaders of the Day can bring 1 thing to share with the class - only 1 item please!
* Creation Day 6 - God creates land animals.
Memory Work: "Let the fields and their crops burst out with joy! Let the trees of the forest sing for joy before the Lord, for He is coming! (Psalm 96:12 &13a - New Living Translation)
* We will begin to review the alphabet, in depth, one letter at a time. Upper case letters will be taught as well and blending letters into words will begin in the near future. Letter Aa (Annie Apple).
* Nursery Rhyme: "Way Up High in the Apple Tree" & "To Market, To Market to Buy a Fat Pig"
* A new focus for November will be learning the months of the year in the correct order. We will continue to learn about rhyming words - hearing them and coming up with rhyming words of our own.
SK: Sight words - Review of the words given to date. We will begin to use them to create and write simple sentences. Proper sentence formation (capitals and end punctuation) will be introduced.
* Rote counting and number recognition from 1 -30. Lots of hands-on activities to engage hands and minds.
* Assessment of students / Independent review activities.
* "My Feelings" - We will be spending the rest of November and the first week of December learning about our feelings - happiness, sadness, fear, anger, jealousy and joy. God has created us as emotional beings and we can find security in this. We will be learning about our emotions through Biblical lenses and with a goal of learning how to deal with our emotions in our relationships with our kindergarten friends and our families. My prayer is that our learning will be applicable throughout the year.
* In JK/SK, we learn French in an informal and oral way - through song, chants, greetings... * greetings - Bonjour, Au revoir * colours (rouge, orange, et brun) and numbers 1-10
* Ball skills will be the continued focus for this week - rolling, bouncing, throwing and catching.
Have a GREAT week!